ISO DAM champions
Hey! Are you or do you know a DAM champion? We write a series about DAM champs and we’d like to hear from you if you are or were a DAM champion, that is, a person who supported, organized, or led the effort to get a digital asset management system.
You might be that person right now! …Or you may know someone who is a DAM champ. If so, send them our way!
If you are willing, contact us on twitter at @digitalassetmgt or fill out the form below. You’ll get an email with 10 questions about your experience with digital asset management.
Scroll down for more information about DAM champions and some of their responsibilities.
There might be a group of DAM champions at your organization, a solo superperson, or a combination of supporters. DAM champions lend their support at different phases of DAM adoption based on their role and skills. We’re interested in DAM champions of all kinds and levels of experience!
Below are some responsibilities of DAM champions. You don’t have to check every box to be one.
Common DAM champion activities
DAM champion tasks “Before you DAM”
- Research digital asset management.
- Talk to stakeholders to determine their needs.
- Develop return on investment (ROI) models.
- Understand and share the workflows surrounding the production or use of digital assets.
- Review and evaluate DAM systems and providers.
The DAM basics
- Several tasks will continue through the lifecycle of a digital asset management system. Talking to stakeholders and ongoing review and evaluation are examples.
- Administrative tasks of a DAM system include:
- User maintenance
- Role and permissions
- Revising and updating metadata schema
Looking forward to hearing from you!